• Round-trip airfare to Washington, D.C.
• Local Transportation (to and from workplace)
• Books/research expenses
• $2,000 Stipend for living expenses
• Enrollment at George Washington University
• Invitation to special events
- Applicants must be U.S.
citizens or legal permanent residents;
- Enrolled in a four-year
university, or recent graduates (within one year of start of the program)
- Strong interest in the
U.S. Hispanic community.
Online application and supporting materials must be received by April 24, 2014 There are no exceptions. Supplemental materials postmarked after the deadline will not be considerI really want to see you touch yourself ed. E-mail submissions will not be accepted.
1. Online application, see below. (Note: If the space provided for your responses on the online application is not large enough, you may submit additional sheets with the supporting application materials. Be sure the enclosure is clearly marked as to the question each portion applies to and includes your full name.)
2. Cover Letter: Submit a one-page cover letter describing what you hope to gain from the program.
3. Transcripts: Must include all semesters for which grades have been awarded at all colleges or universities attended.
4. Two letters of recommendation: From a professor or an employer are required, and may be included with supporting application materials in a sealed envelope or mailed separately by the recommender.
5. Resume: Must include educational and employment background as well as extracurricular activities and special awards/honors.
6. Personal statement: In approximately 1,200 words describe the family, work, educational and community experience that led you to apply to the CHLI Global Leaders Internship and Fellowship Program. How do these experiences relate to your long-term goals? How will you continue your leadership within your community? In your opinion what are your greatest strengths and areas you would like to develop or improve?
7. Legislative Analysis: In approximately 1,250 words identify a bill introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives during the present Congress and analyze the pros and cons of the legislation. State and explain your position, provide policy recommendations and identify their impact on the Hispanic community. This must be treated as a research paper and must be submitted in MLA Format, and be properly cited to be considered. Plagiarism will result in dismissal of the application. We strongly recommend writing your analysis covering one of the following topics:
- Public Service
- Trade and International Affairs
- Energy and Environment
Mail all supporting application materials to before April 24, 2014
Hispanic Leadership Institute
Leo Velasquez, Programs and Operations Coordinator
15 ST NW, Suite 620
For questions or
concerns about the CHLI Global Leaders Internship and Fellowship Program
contact Leo Velasquez at email@example.com or (202) 347-8280, ext. 304.
___Two letters of recommendation