Dear CHLI Partners:
Thank you for being a part of a successful 2014! Because of your generous support, CHLI had its most successful year to date.
Our 10th Anniversary Gala was celebrated with over 400 guests, including 30 of our CHLI Alumni, who gathered as we honored distinguished leaders; this year's honorees included Michael Camunez, The Honorable Eric Cantor, Senator John Cornyn, and Emilio Estefan.
We held three Future Leaders Conferences in Miami, Washington, DC, and Fresno with over 500 participants attending the conferences. The year also brought us eight interns from around the U.S. to take part in our Semester in Washington Program. These students received credit hours from George Washington University, living stipends, roundtrip transportation to DC, and metro cards.
With your support, we also expanded our 3rdAnnual Trade & International Affairs Symposium to include new morning plenary sessions and diverse discussions throughout the day; we were joined by Luis Alberto Moreno, President of the Inter-American Development Bank and Ambassador Medina-Mora of Mexico.
It is because of partners like you that CHLI continues to grow and excel.
As CHLI looks to 2015 we invite you to join us advancing the Hispanic community's diversity of thought. Below is a link to our CHLI Fact Sheet, 2015 Calendar, and Sponsorship Opportunities that includes summaries of all the programs, events, scholarships and leadership.
A few events to highlight in 2015:
- January 21st- We kickoff the year with the New Congress Welcome Reception
- Gala on May 13 at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Washington, DC
- Regional leadership conference in Laredo, Texas with Honorary Chair, CHLI Co-Vice Chair, Congressman Henry Cuellar
- Meet & Greet Receptions in Miami in February, Chicago in August and New York City in September
- New! CHLI Communications Fellow to support communications and marketing initiatives for CHLI in partnership with Florida International University