RFP for Communications Consultant
Monday, August 24, 2009
Posted by: Yisel Cabrera
Request for Proposals (RFP) for Communications Consultant
RFP Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009
Summary: The Congressional Hispanic Leadership Institute (CHLI), Inc. seeks a Communications Consultant with proven experience in non-profit public relations, marketing and communications. The consultant will be responsible for ongoing public relations and communications for the organization. As a leading national Hispanic non-profit organization, CHLI seeks to further awareness of its mission, programs and events before a diverse audience which includes, but is not limited to the U.S Hispanic community, the media, elected and appointed officials, think tanks, NGO's, corporate stakeholders, as well as the international community.
About CHLI: The Congressional Hispanic Leadership Institute (CHLI) is a 501(C) 3 non-profit and non-partisan organization dedicated to creating a broader awareness of the diversity of thought, heritage, interests, and views of millions of Americans of Hispanic and Portuguese descent. The Institute endeavors to both educate the public, media, academia, and the private sector about the positive contributions of Americans of Hispanic and Portuguese descent. CHLI programs and initiatives focus on the following three areas: 1) Leadership in Public Service, 2) Leadership in Corporate Responsibility, and 3) Leadership in Transatlantic Relations. For more information, please visit http://www.chli.org/
Scope of Services: CHLI seeks to expand its current communications efforts to increase visibility of its programs and initiatives and in turn increase individual and corporate support for the organization. CHLI leadership expects to see measurable increases in program participation (registrations), higher volume in traffic to the existing CHLI website (website hits) as well as more program support (dollars) contributed for programs, initiatives, and events. As part of this work, the Communications Consultant will:
- Help raise the visibility and credibility of CHLI, and effectively communicate its mission, programs, and initiatives.
- Create and implement a public relations and marketing strategy for CHLI.
- Attract new sponsors, volunteers and supporters
- Participate in CHLI staff meetings to help determine and implement outreach strategies.
- Promote program-related events, including annual gala dinner and other special events.
- Manage all of CHLI's external communications, including a planned website redesign, e-newsletter, annual report, brochures, draft talking points for Board of Directors and staff, creating and maintain media contact lists, as well as other tasks where applicable.
- Manage media relations in both English and Spanish-language media.
Qualifications/Experience: The Communications Consultant must demonstrate the following qualifications and experiences:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, English or Political Science.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in non-profit public relations, marketing and communications. Capitol Hill experience is a strong plus.
- Initiative, drive and creativity. Thinking out of the box.
- Strong familiarity with on-line social networking.
- An understanding of CHLI and a passion for its mission, values and belief.
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with both mainstream and Spanish-language media.
- Bilingual English and Spanish.
- Team player, energetic and positive attitude.
All interested parties should be prepared to submit a full proposal with budget and references.
Length of Contract: RFP is valid for communications services beginning on or about October 1, 2009. CHLI will negotiate all contract terms upon selection.
Questions: Questions about the RFP should be directed to Octavio Hinojosa, CHLI Executive Director, via email only: email@example.com.
Submission Deadline: All proposals must be received no later than Tuesday, September 15, 2009 at 5:00 pm EST. All proposals may be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information, contact:
Mr. Octavio A. Hinojosa Mier
The Congressional Hispanic Leadership Institute (CHLI)
(202) 347-8280 Ext. 301