CHLI Global Leaders Program Application
Thank you for your interest in the CHLI Global Leaders Program. Please read below and submit all required documents into the form below for your application to be considered complete.
- Must be Juniors, Senior, or within one (1) calendar year of graduation.
- Must be enrolled or recently graduated from a 4-year college or university.
- Must be fully available for program dates and complete the entire semester.
- Preference given to applicants of Hispanic, Latino, and/or Portuguese decent.
- All persons selected for an internship will be required to verify their identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form.
- Online application
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Legislative analysis
You must complete the online application provided below, supporting documents must be submitted by November 6, 2017, 5:00 p.m. est.; There are no exceptions.
Please save all required documents into one unified PDF document labeled: Lastname_Firstname_GL_S2018_Application and attach to the form below.
*We extend our deepest sympathy to students who are struggling in the aftermath of the natural disasters that have struck Texas, Puerto Rico, and Northern California this fall. In response, we are extending the deadline for the CHLI Global Leaders Program, to students in those regions, to Sunday, November 12 at 11:59 p.m. est.
- Online Application (below)
- Cover letter:
Submit a one-page cover letter describing what you hope to gain from the program
- Unofficial Transcripts:
Must include all semesters for which grades have been awarded at all colleges or universities attended.
- Two letters of recommendation:
From a professor or an employer are required. Letters must be included with your supporting documents.
Must include educational and employment background as well as extracurricular activities and special awards/honors.
- Personal statement:
In approximately 800 words describe your family, work, educational and community experience that led you to apply to the CHLI Global Leaders Program. How do these experiences relate to your long-term goals? How will you continue your leadership within your community? What are your greatest strengths? And what are areas you would like to improve?
- Legislative analysis:
In approximately 800 words identify a bill introduced in Congress (House or Senate) during the most recent session and analyze the pros and cons of the legislation. State and explain your position, provide policy recommendations and identify their impact on the Hispanic and/or Portuguese community. Follow MLA format, and cite your sources. Plagiarism will result in dismissal of the application. We strongly recommend writing your analysis on one of the following topics:
- Trade and International Affairs
- Public Service
- Energy and Environment
For questions or concerns about CHLI's Global Leaders Internship and Fellowship Program, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.